How to Make an Epoxy Coffee Table
- Table top (e.g. wood.
- Silicone molds
- Epoxy resin
- Rubber gloves
- Mixing cup
- Muslin cloth
- Prepare the table top by sanding the edges if needed and wiping it clean with a cloth.
- Place the molds on the table and make sure they are in the desired position.
- Wear rubber gloves, mix the epoxy resin in a mixing cup following instructions and pour it into the molds.
- Place the muslin cloth on top of the molds and use a brush or roller to spread the resin evenly.
- Let it sit for 5-7 hours, or until the resin is completely cured.
- Remove the molds and use a buffer to polish the surface for a glossy finish.
- Choose the table top material accordingly, paying attention to weight and size.
- Make sure the resin is stirred for a homogeneous result.
- Inspect the cured pieces for air bubbles before adding the muslin cloth.