How to Make Decorative Coffee Table Books
More and more people are using coffee tables as a beautiful and eye-catching piece of furniture. Coffee tables aren’t just functional; they can also be used to add a decorative flair to a living room,office space, or another area. Creating coffee table books is one easy way to make use of space on your coffee table and add to its visual appeal. Here is a guide on how to make your own decorative coffee table books.
Steps for Making Decorative Coffee Table Books
- Step 1: Decide on a theme. Although you can make a coffee table book about anything, it may be wise to pick a unifying theme. This could relate to a specific place, an event, a collection of photographs, or anything else you’re passionate about.
- Step 2: Collect images and other material. Once you have decided on a theme, you can start gathering the material to include in your coffee table book. Depending on what you choose, this could include photographs, postcards, maps, or even drawings or collages.
- Step 3: Place the images. Before you start adhering you images, you should make a rough layout of how you want your coffee table book to look. This could be on a piece of paper or digitally, whichever you prefer.
- Step 4: Glue the images. Once you have made a draft of how your coffee table book should look, you can start gluing the images and text into the book. Keep in mind the order you set for the material in Step 3 to keep the layout in-sync throughout.
- Step 5: Add embellishments. After the main material is secured in the book, you can add decorative pieces to really bring the book to life. This could be anything from stickers, washi tape, or even beadwork (using a fabric glue).
- Step 6: Seal everything together. After all the desired material has been added, use a clear sealant spray to really keep everything in place. This is especially important if you are using washi tape or stickers, as they need something to keep them in place long-term.
Creating a decorative coffee table book doesn’t have to be difficult. By following the above steps, you can easily put together a unique and beautiful piece of art for your coffee table.