How to Make a Concrete Coffee Table
Creating a concrete coffee table is a creative and unique way to add something stylish and functional to your living space. This DIY project is easy enough to complete in a weekend, and the materials are affordable and easy to find. With some basic tools and supplies, you can create a professional-looking concrete coffee table that is as unique as you are.
Before you start, you will need some supplies. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Premixed concrete
- Molds to form the concrete
- Measuring tape
- Wooden frame
- Table legs
- Stainless steel screws
- Utility knife
- Caulk gun
- Step 1: Create the Mold – Take your wooden frame and measure the area you want the table to fit in. Cut your plywood to fit the frame. Secure the two pieces together with stainless steel screws. Place your molds on top of the plywood and mark the positions where the table legs should be attached.
- Step 2: Attach the Legs – Pre-drill the holes in the legs and plywood. Use a hammer to secure the legs in their designated spots. Make sure they are all level with each other.
- Step 3: Mix the Concrete – Follow the instructions on the premixed concrete to create the blend. Carefully pour the blend into the mold, being careful not to overfill it. If needed, tap the edges of the mold to release any air bubbles.
- Step 4: Remove the Mold – When the concrete has dried and set, carefully pry the sides of the mold away from the table top. Cut any excess off with a utility knife.
- Step 5: Caulk the Joints – Fill any cracks or gaps with caulk to create a smooth, uniform surface. Let the caulk dry and cure for 24 hours.
- Step 6: Enjoy – Place your new concrete coffee table in its designated spot!
Making your own concrete coffee table is a great way to spruce up your living area. With some basic tools and materials, you can create a beautiful piece of furniture that is sure to impress. Happy designing!