How to Make a Coffee Table
Crafting a coffee table by yourself can give a unique and stylish touch to your home. Making it is very easy, and this article will guide you through the process, supplying all the information you need.
Things You Will Need
- Table legs (can be bought, or you can make your own if you have some carpentry skills)
- Tabletop (material and dimensions depend on your needs and preferences)
- Paint (acrylic, oil etc, depending on the material you chose for your tabletop)
- Fittings and fasteners
- Saw (if you are making the legs yourself)
Step by Step Instructions
- Decide on the materials and dimensions of the tabletop and legs. The possibilities are nearly limitless. A traditional option is to use timber for both.
- If you are making the legs yourself, measure and cut the pieces.
- Attach the legs to the tabletop, making sure they fit securely. You can either use screws, clamps or an adhesive.
- Paint the tabletop to match your interior. You can also leave it unvarnished, allowing the natural look of the material to stand out.
- Bolster the fixture of the legs with screws, or other appropriate fastening solutions.
Your coffee table is now ready! You can further add a unique touch with decorations. Add some decorative objects, or cover it with a stylish cloth.