How to Make a Coffee Table With Lift Top
Making a coffee table with a lift top is a great way to give your living room a unique and useful piece of furniture. With some basic woodworking tools, you can create a coffee table with a hinged lid, which lifts up for extra storage and use.
What You’ll Need
- Coffee table plan
- Wood glue
- Stencils or other decorative tools
- Paint or stain, if desired
- Create a plan or sketch of your coffee table with a lift top. Include measurements, materials and other details to follow.
- Cut the wood to the desired lengths and widths, using the saw.
- Using the drill, create the holes in the corners where the screws will go, using the measurements included in the plan.
- Attach the side pieces of the table to the top and bottom pieces, using screws. Drill the screws into the pre-made holes.
- Attach the hinged support for the lift top. Hammer in the nails for extra support.
- Use wood glue to join any separate pieces. Allow to dry.
- Sand the edges for a smoother feel and look.
- Optional: Use stencils, paint or stain the wood to give the table an extra flare.
- Enjoy your brand new coffee table!
Creating a coffee table with a lift top is not a difficult task to do. With some basic woodworking tools and a willingness to learn, you can make a unique and useful piece of furniture that is sure to be the envy of your friends and family.