How to Make a Two Toned Coffee Table
Creating a two toned coffee table can be a fun, easy and rewarding DIY project. Customizing your furniture to match your interior design style is a great way to bring a personal touch to your home. Here are the steps to follow to make a two toned coffee table:
Step 1: Prep your Table
- Gather all the painting supplies you need, e.g. sandpaper, primer, painter’s tape, brush and paint in two colors.
- Clean the coffee table to get rid of any dust and dirt.
- Lightly sand the table to ensure even paint coverage and better adhesion.
Step 2: Paint your Table
- Protect the other parts of the table with painters tape.
- Use a brush to apply an even layer of primer.
- Wait for the primer to dry then start painting the frame with the desired color for the base.
- Paint two to three coats of paint, allowing the paint to dry between coats.
- Once the base color is completely dry, apply two coats of paint to the top of the table in the desired color for the top.
- Let the table dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Step 3: Finishing Touches
- For extra protection, apply a layer of sealing varnish over the table.
- Remove the painters tape when you are done.
- Place the coffee table in the desired spot and admire your new two toned coffee table.
And that’s it! Creating a two toned coffee table can give an old, worn-out table a new life and bring an original, personal touch to your living space.