How to Make a Coffee Table from an F-4 Windshield
Making a coffee table from an F-4 windshield is a relatively easy process that results in a unique and interesting piece. This upcycling project can be completed with basic tools and supplies.
- 1 F-4 windshield, pre-cut
- 2 Pieces of 2 by 4 lumber, pre-cut
- Plywood, pre-cut
- Bolts and Nuts, 1/2 inch
- 3/4 inch wood screws
- Drill and bits, standard
- Caulk or Glue
- Lay out the F-4 windshield on a flat surface.
- Assemble the two pieces of 2 by 4 lumber using bolts and nuts.
- Attach the windshield to the 2 by 4 lumber using 3/4 inch wood screws.
- Lay the plywood on a flat surface. Place the F-4 windshield and 2 by 4 lumber assembly on top of the plywood.
- Trace the size of the F-4 windshield and 2 by 4 lumber assembly
- Cut out the plywood along the traced lines.
- Sand down the plywood and 2 by 4 lumber assembly to remove any rough edges.
- Attach the plywood to the F-4 windshield and 2 by 4 lumber assembly using 3/4 inch wood screws.
- Caulk or glue the edges of the plywood to the F-4 windshield.
- Enjoy your the finished coffee table!
Making a coffee table from an F-4 windshield is a great way to upcycle an interesting object. With a few simple supplies and basic tools, this project is easy to complete and will help you make a unique piece for your home.