How to Make Cocktail Ottoman Function as Coffee Table
A cocktail ottoman can be used as a great addition to any living room and can even serve as a coffee table, if used wisely. It’s easy to re-fit this piece of furniture to maximize its role in your living space, and here are some tips for doing so.
Steps for Creating the Perfect Coffee Table
- Choose the Right Size. When selecting your cocktail ottoman, size is paramount. Be sure to measure the length and width of the space it will fit in to ensure that it is the right size. It’s better to have a little extra room, as opposed to a piece that is too small.
- Consider the Shape. If you have a particularly large space, you will have more options to choose from in terms of the shape of your ottoman and the overall aesthetic of your room. Rectangular snacks are perfect for those with extra space, and the traditional square shape can sk the trick in more compact spaces.
- Look for Design Elements. When selecting your cocktail ottoman, you can go crazy with design elements! Choose a patterned fabric or a rich color to match your aesthetic, or pick a piece that has storage for when you need it.
- Contemplate the Height. To function as a coffee table, a cocktail ottoman should be approximately the same height as your sofa or chairs. This makes it easier to access when you are seated and makes it a more natural blend with the other furniture in the room.
- Try Accessories. To make your cocktail ottoman serve as a coffee table even better, consider accessorizing it. Placing a tray on top of the ottoman adds a homey touch and provides a flat surface for drinks, books or decorative accents.
With a little creativity, you can make your cocktail ottoman work as an attractive (and functional!) coffee table. By choosing the right size, shape and accessories, you can create a look that works year round and makes the living room look alive.