Making a Black Pipe and Wood Coffee Table
Making furniture or home decor is a great way to customize and add a personal touch to your living space. One of the hottest trends right now is making beautiful and unique pieces with black pipe and wood. Making a black pipe and wood coffee table is an easy project that can be done in a few hours with the right tools and a few simple steps.
- Black pipe and fittings
- Wood (2 pieces of 9″ x 18″ x 1″ board – one for the top, one for the shelf)
- Table saw
- Drill and bits
- Pipe wrench
- Tape measure
- 90-degree clamp or corner brace
- Hex head screws
- Pipe primer and cement
- Cut the wood boards to size. Measure the top board and cut with a table saw. Measure the shelf board, subtract 2 inches to accommodate the black pipe, and cut with the table saw.
- Sand the wood boards to make them smooth. Start with 80 grit sandpaper, then move to 120 grit to prepare for staining.
- Stain the boards as desired. Allow to dry according to the instructions on the staining product.
- Assemble the black pipe. Measure and cut the pieces of pipe to size with a pipe cutter. Apply pipe primer and cement to the threads of each pipe, then screw the fittings together until tight. Note: If you are using a 90 degree clamp or corner brace instead of a fitting, only use pipe primer to the threads.
- Attach the shelf to the pipe. Place the shelf on top of the pipe and use a tape measure to measure and mark the points where the shelf should be attached. Pre-drill holes and attach with hex head screws. Apply wood glue to the top of the pipe for extra security.
- Attach the pipe to the top. Use the tape measure to measure and mark the points where the pipe should be attached. Pre-drill holes and attach with hex head screws.
- Enjoy your completed black pipe and wood coffee table!
Making furniture or home decor with black pipe and wood is a great way to customize and add a unique touch to your living space. Following these steps will give you the perfect black pipe and wood coffee table that you can enjoy for years to come.