How to Make an Upholstered Ottoman Coffee Table
- Foam — enough to cover the top and sides of your ottoman (e.g. 1/2” foam sheet)
- Fabric — enough to cover the top of your ottoman and for the sides (e.g. cotton fabric)
- Table legs — enough to support the weight of the ottoman (e.g. 2×2 lumber 2ft long)
- Wood screws
- Screws for attaching legs to the ottoman
- Staple gun
- Cut the foam: Measure out the foam according to the size of your ottoman. Using a sharp knife, cut out the foam according to the measurements you have taken.
- Cut the fabric: Measure the fabric around the foam you have cut and cut it accordingly. Make sure to leave extra fabric at the edge so that you can easily staple it down.
- Attach the fabric: Start with one corner of the foam and wrap the fabric around it. Secure the fabric in place using a staple gun. Continue until the entire surface of the foam is surrounded with fabric.
- Drill holes for the legs: Measure and mark where the legs will go. Depending on the size of your ottoman, you may need to drill 4 or more holes. Use the appropriate size drill bit and drill the marks.
- Add the legs: Once the holes have been drilled, put the legs into place, making sure that the screw holes on the legs are aligned with the holes you drilled. Secure them with wood screws.
- Add a finishing touch: You can add a decorative item such as a trinket, a flower, or other accent to the top of your ottoman to add a custom touch.
Making your own upholstered ottoman coffee table is a great and rewarding way to save money. With the right materials and a little bit of time and patience, you can create beautiful ottoman that is both stylish and functional.