How to Make an Upholstered Coffee Table
A custom-upholstered coffee table is a great way to spruce up a living room or family room. With a few supplies, some patience and a creative hand you can make your own upholstered coffee table.
- Coffee Table
- Upholstery fabric
- Miter saw (optional)
- Upholstery batting (optional)
- Choose a coffee table for your upholstered coffee table. Measure the table and the distance from the top to the floor. This will assist you in choosing the right upholstery fabric and batting for your table.
- Choose the fabric for your upholstered coffee table. Measure the amount of fabric you need to cover the entire table. The fabric needs to be long enough to cover the table, plus also provide enough fabric to staple to the underside of the table.
- Cut the fabric to the right size with scissors. For a professional look, use a miter saw to make perfect cuts. You can also use upholstery batting to make the fabric look thicker and more luxurious.
- Apply the fabric to the table. Place the fabric on the table and begin stapling it to the underside of the table. Make sure to stretch the fabric tight as you staple it to the table.
- Trim any excess fabric and batting. After you’re done stapling the fabric to the table, trim off any excess fabric or batting that may be hanging off the table.
- Enjoy your upholstered coffee table. Congratulations, you now have your very own customized upholstered coffee table.
Creating an upholstered coffee table is a great way to update the look of any room. With a few simple tools and materials, you can make a beautiful, custom-crafted coffee table for your home. Have fun and happy crafting!