How to Make an Ottoman from a Round Coffee Table
Turning an old coffee table in an ottoman is a great way to spruce up your living space with a fun and functional piece of furniture. With a round coffee table, you can create an interesting and comfortable ottoman that doubles as a seat or a foot rest. Here’s what you need to know to make an ottoman from a round coffee table:
- Round coffee table
- Foam padding
- Fabric for the covering
- Container for the bean bag filling
- Measure the Table: Measure the circumference and top of the coffee table to determine how much foam padding and fabric you need.
- Cut the Foam: Cut the foam padding to fit the circumference of the coffee table. Cut a smaller circle of foam padding to fit the top of the coffee table.
- Cut the Fabric: Cut the fabric to have a width that’s twice the circumference of the coffee table. Cut a smaller circle of fabric to fit the top of the coffee table.
- Staple the Foam and Fabric: Lay the fabric and foam pieces on top of each other. Put the foam on the bottom. Starting at the center, staple the foam and fabric together all the way around the circumference. Do the same for the top.
- Fill the Ottoman: Use a container to fill the ottoman with a bean bag filling. This can be bought from a craft store. Make sure to fill it sufficiently but not too tightly to create a comfortable seat.
- Enjoy Your Ottoman: Ensure that there are no loose ends of the fabric and the furniture is complete before you use it. Place it in your living space and enjoy your cozy ottoman!
Making an ottoman from a round coffee table is a simple and easy project that anyone can tackle with a few easy-to-find materials. After following these steps you’ll have a unique and comfy ottoman that you can proudly display in any living room or den.