How to Make an Ottoman Coffee Table
If you love making furniture from scratch but don’t want to break the bank, then an ottoman coffee table is the perfect project for you. With a bit of courage, time and patience, you will be able to make a stylish and unique coffee table to display in your living room.
- Wooden table frame: This will form the frame of your coffee table. You can buy pre-made tables in different sizes, types and materials.
- Fabric covering: Choose the fabric that suits your style and colour scheme, and make sure it’s strong enough to handle weight.
- Foam: Foam will provide cushioning for the ottoman.
- Staple gun: A staple gun will be used to attach the fabric to the wooden frame.
- Choose a wooden table frame that suits the size of your living room and make sure the shape and height are suitable for your needs.
- Lay fabric over the table frame, ensuring an even distribution. Make use of pins or tape to hold the fabric in place.
- Cut the fabric to size, allowing extra material around the frame of the table.
- Cut out foam to the same size as the cut fabric.
- Place the foam on top of the fabric and then place the table frame on top of the foam.
- Staple the fabric onto the table frame, one side at a time. Ensure that the fabric is securely attached and free from wrinkles before continuing to the next side.
- Once all sides are finished, make sure all corners are firmly attached and remove any creases.
- Your ottoman coffee table will now be ready for use.
Making an ottoman coffee table can be a simple and rewarding task. It does require a bit of time, patience and skill, but the end result is sure to be worth it.