How To Make an Oak Barrel Coffee Table
Are you looking to add a rustic, unique wood piece to your home? An oak barrel coffee table is the perfect way to make a great statement. By following these step-by-step instructions, you can create the perfect centerpiece in your living room.
- Locate an oak barrel. You can find these barrels at antique stores, online sellers, and sometimes even breweries. Make sure you find a barrel with a lid so that you can use it for the top of your table.
- Clean the barrel. Use an all-purpose cleaner to give the barrel a good scrub. Remove any dirt, residue, and anything else that could affect the look and performance of the barrel.
- Sand the barrel. Start with a 120-grit sandpaper and move on to a 220-grit sandpaper for a finer finish. Make sure to cover the entire barrel to create a smooth surface for staining.
- Stain the barrel. Decide on a stain color and apply it according to the instructions on the can. Make sure to get even coverage.
- Add the legs. If you are using a barrel with a lid, drill holes in it and then insert the legs. If you don’t have a lid, you can attach legs directly to the barrel.
- Attach the top. If you have a lid, simply place it on the top of the barrel. If not, use a piece of wood or glass and attach it with screws.
- Finish the table. Add a few coats of protective sealer to the barrel and top to keep it from being scratched or damaged. Be sure to follow the instructions on the can for best results.
Now you’re ready to show off your new oak barrel coffee table! It’s sure to be the conversation piece of your living room.