Make Your Own Wood Drum Coffee Table
Making your own coffee table is a wonderful and creative way to create a unique piece of furniture for your home. And with the right materials and tools, you can create a beautiful wood drum coffee table without breaking the bank. Here’s how.
- 2 pieces of plywood, 3/4-inch thick
- 4 pieces of wood for the legs, 2×4 inches
- 1 piece of wood round, 18-inch thick
- Wood glue
- Table saw
- Tube of wood clamps or G-clamps
- Stain or coat of paint
Step by Step Guide
- Cut the wood: Use the table saw to cut the pieces of plywood into a circle 18 inches in diameter and the four pieces of 2×4-inch wood for the legs.
- Assemble the top: Glue the two pieces of plywood together, using the wood clamps to keep the pieces in place until the glue sets.
- Drill the legs: Mark four even points on the edge of the plywood circle and, using the drill and a suitable bit, drill a hole in the centre of each marked point.
- Attach the legs: Insert the four legs into the holes in the plywood that were just drilled and fix them in place with wood glue and wood clamps if necessary.
- Sand and paint: Sand the table and the legs smooth and stain or paint it if desired.
And that’s it! Make sure to let the glue set completely before using and enjoy your unique wood drum coffee table!