How to make a tufted ottoman from a Coffee Table
Are you looking to add a chic decorative element to your living room? Consider making a tufted ottoman from a coffee table! It’s a simple way to take a basic piece of furniture and turn it into a fashionable statement piece in just a few steps.
Before you get started, you will need to gather the following items:
- Coffee Table
- Upholstery Foam
- Spray Adhesive
- Staple Gun
- Tapestry Needle
- Embroidery Thread
- Flip the coffee table upside down and remove any existing fabric. Remove any staples with the staple gun.
- Cut the foam to the size of the coffee table. Use a pencil to trace the shape of the piece onto the foam and cut with a sharp craft knife.
- Spray a thin layer of adhesive onto the coffee table and place the foam on top. Press down firmly against the entire surface to secure it in place. Add more adhesive as needed.
- Cut the fabric to the size of the coffee table, making sure to leave several inches on each side to overlap and secure with the staple gun. Start with the four main corners first and pull the sides tight to secure the fabric. Then, continue to staple the sides in small even sections until fully secured.
- Cut four long pieces of embroidery thread about two feet each. Thread them through the tapestry needle and secure the ends with a knot. Push the needle through the fabric from the bottom to the top and create a loop with one of the threads on top. Tie a knot with the other thread and pull it tight for the first puff.
- Continue with the remaining three threads, creating four equally spaced puffs across the surface of the ottoman.
- And you’re done! Enjoy your new tufted ottoman and the stylish, luxe look it will bring to your space.
You can now proudly display your freshly made tufted ottoman in your living room and impress all your friends with your upcycling skills!