How to Make a Trunk Style Coffee Table
Making a trunk style coffee table is an easy DIY project that only requires basic tools and materials. With a few simple supplies, you can make a trunk style coffee table that can personalize your home. Here are the steps to make a trunk style coffee table:
Step 1: Gather The Materials
Before you start your project, make sure you have the following materials:
- Small chest or trunk
- 3 inch screws
- Wood screws
- Paint or stain
- Polyurethane sealer
Step 2: Prepare The Chest
- Start by cleaning the chest with a damp cloth. Make sure to get rid of any dirt or debris that may be on the surface.
- Next, use the drill and 3 inch screws to attach the lid to the base of the trunk.
- Use sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges or imperfections on the trunk.
- Lastly, apply the desired paint or stain to the trunk for a personalized look.
Step 3: Build The Table
- Attach the legs to the bottom of the trunk using the wood screws.
- Place the trunk in the desired location.
- Apply a layer of polyurethane sealer to the chest to protect it from wear and tear.
Step 4: Enjoy Your New Coffee Table!
Now that you have finished building your trunk style coffee table, it’s time to enjoy it! This DIY project is a great way to add style and personality to your home without spending too much money.