Making a Tree Trunk Glass Coffee Table
What You Will Need:
- Glass for the top
- Tree trunk
- Table legs
- Drill and screws
- Screws and nails
- Finishing tools/materials
Steps to Build the Table:
- Find a tree trunk: the trunk should be dried and stable before you use it.
- Prepare the Tree Trunk: Sand and clean your tree trunk. Depending on the condition of the trunk, you may need to fill in any cracks to ensure it stands properly.
- Choose the Legs: Your choice of legs will depend on the style you’re going for. You can use metal legs, hairpin legs, or exposed pipe legs.
- Attach the Legs: Make sure to use screws and drill holes into the trunk. Secure the legs with the screws.
- Measure the Glass: You can go for either circular, rectangular, or square shapes for your top. Make sure to measure your tree trunk top before you cut the glass.
- Cut the Glass: Cut the glass to the size you need and then use sandpaper to smooth the edges.
- Attaching the Glass: Put your glass onto the top of the trunk and secure it with nails and screws.
- Finishing: You will most likely need to apply sealant, stain, or varnish the tree trunk.
Your Tree Trunk glass coffee table should now be complete. Enjoy your beautiful and one of a kind DIY project!