How to Make a Tree Trunk Glass Coffee Table
A tree trunk glass coffee table is an interesting way to spruce up an outdoor or indoor living space. There are many steps to making a tree trunk glass coffee table, but you will be pleased with the results. Read on to learn how to make this creative and eco-friendly piece of furniture.
- Tree Trunk (preferably with a slight curve)
- Glass Sheet
- Plywood (or another sturdy material to use as support)
- Electric Drill
- Cable ties or rope
- Gather a piece of wood that is structural sound. Make sure the wood has sanded/smoothed edges and a slight curve that will make your coffee table interesting.
- Insert a metal bar across the area where the trunk and the glass sheet will meet. This metal bar will provide support and stability to the glass sheet.
- Mark the points where the screws should go in order to secure the metal bar in place.
- Drill the screws carefully into the indicated points.
- Cut out the plywood to make it the same size as the tree trunk.
- Using the drill and screws, affix the plywood to the tree trunk.
- Attach the glass sheet to the metal bar using cables or ropes.
- Secure the glass sheet in place with wood lumber.
- Trim off any excess glass sheet to make it fit nicely around your tree trunk.
- You can now enjoy your new tree trunk glass coffee table!
Your tree trunk glass coffee table is now ready to be added to your home. The result will be a lovely, rustic piece of furniture that is sure to bring your living space to the next level.