How to Make a Tree Stump into a Coffee Table
Making your own unique furniture piece can be a great way to create a unique look in your home. One such furniture piece is a tree-stump coffee table – it will be the conversation piece of any room and can even become a family heirloom.
What You’ll Need
- Safety goggles
- Hand saw
- Paper towels
- White spirit
- Table top
- Casters, four of them
- Find a suitable tree stump – preferably one that has been drying out for a couple of years. Be sure to wear safety goggles and gloves while handling the stump to prevent any injuries.
- Cut the top of the stump off with a handsaw to make it into a flat surface.
- Use a sandpaper to sand down the edges and make it smooth.
- Once the stump is dry, wipe the surface off using paper towels.
- Stain the stump with stain, followed by a quick wipe down with white spirit.
- Make sure the table top is cut to the same diameter of the stump.
- Attach the casters on the stump, using a drill and screws.
- Attach 2×2s to the corners and align the table top to the 2x2s so it fits securely.
And you have it – your very own tree-stump coffee table! You can add your own style to it if you’d like. For example, adding a glass top, or carving a design or pattern onto the tree-stump. Let your creative juices flow and make your coffee table unique!