How to Make a Tree Stump into a Coffee Table
Creating a unique and one-of-a-kind coffee table is a great way to add an eye-catching piece of furniture to your living space. If you want to take an eco-friendly approach to do so, why not make a tree stump into a coffee table? Here are the easy steps to do it!
Step 1 – Gather Your Materials
- Tree Stump: Make sure that you are getting the right size for your particular use case. You can purchase stumps from a store or go foraging for one at a park.
- Saw: A regular saw will do the trick, although a chainsaw might be more suitable for larger stumps. Make sure to use proper safety gear when cutting.
- Sandpaper: You will be using this to smooth out the tree stump and make it look more presentable.
- Refinishing Materials: you will need different materials depending on the type of finish you’re looking for. Options include paint, wax, shellac, sealant, etc.
- Table Legs: You will need to purchase legs or supports to turn the stump into an actual table. You can also build them yourself!
- Hardware: Depending on the table legs you’re using, you may need different kinds of hardware to secure them to the stump.
Step 2 – Prepare the Tree Stump
- Cut the tree stump down to the desired size, using the saw.
- Use sandpaper to smooth out the top surface and edges. Make sure it is even and level.
- Refinish the tree stump by following the instructions on your chosen material.
Step 3 – Add the Table Legs
- Secure the legs or supports to the tree stump using the necessary hardware. Make sure that they are evenly spaced and level.
- If they are adjustable, adjust them to reach the desired height of your coffee table.
Step 4 – Enjoy Your New Coffee Table
And that’s it! You’ve now successfully turned a lowly tree stump into a one-of-a-kind coffee table. Not only does it look great, but you’ve done it in an eco-friendly way. Enjoy the conversation piece and show it off to your friends!