How To Make a Tree Stump Coffee Table
Tree stumps are a great way to bring a rustic feel and charm to your living space. And, if you’re feeling a bit crafty, why not create your own coffee table out of a tree stump? Here’s what you need to know to make a tree stump coffee table:
Gathering The Materials:
- Tree stump
- Power drill
- Oil-based stain or sealer
- Tabletop sheets or circular glass
- Carpenter’s glue
- High-gauge bolts or screws
Making the Table:
- Select your tree stump: The most important step is selecting your tree stump. Check local listings or a nearby tree removal service to find a suitable tree stump. Keep in mind that it needs to be wide enough to create a table, so aim for something around 12 inches in diameter or more.
- Prepare the stump: Before you do anything else to your tree stump, you’ll want to prepare it by sanding it down and smoothing out any jagged edges. This process should take some time and patience, but it will make the process of creating your table a lot easier.
- Drill pilot holes: Once the tree stump is sanded down, drill pilot holes around the edge, equally spaced, with a power drill and high-gauge bit. Depending on the size of the stump and the size of the glass or plywood table top, you should drill three to four holes in total.
- Stain or seal: After finishing the holes, you’ll want to apply an oil-based stain or sealer to protect the tree stump. This step is important, as it will help protect your table from warping.
- Attach the tabletop: Place the tabletop on top of the stump and then attach it using wood glue and screws or bolts. Make sure the surface is even to ensure a smooth finish.
- Enjoy your new table: That’s all there is to it! Now all you need to do is set up your tree stump coffee table and enjoy its unique rustic charm.
Making a tree stump coffee table is a relatively easy DIY project that requires only a few tools and supplies. With the right materials and some patience, you can make a beautiful and unique piece of furniture that will bring some rustic charm to any room.