How To Make a Surfboard Coffee Table
Do you have an old surfboard lying around that you’d like to turn into something more useful? Why not turn it into a surfboard coffee table? With a few simple materials, you can make a one-of-a-kind piece of furniture for your home, for a fraction of the cost of buying one.
- Shoe Clips or Clamps
- Power Drill/Screwdriver
- wood screws/ washers/ bolts
Steps To Make a Surfboard Coffee Table
- Step 1: Preparing the Surfboard
- Before you can begin building your table, you need to clean and prep the surfboard. Start by sanding all surfaces, especially the top and bottom, to remove any dirt and debris. If there are any dents or divots in the board, you may need to use a filler to fill them in.
- Step 2: Adding the Legs
- Measure and cut 4 pieces of wood for your table legs. Make sure they are at least 4 inches taller than the board itself. Attach the legs to the board with screws, washers, and/or bolts, depending on the size of your holes.
- Step 3: Adding the Feet
- Attach feet or shoe clips to the legs. Make sure they are evenly spaced so the table is balanced and level.
- Step 4: Finishing Touches
- Finally, sand the entire table and finish with a protective sealer to prevent damage from water and other elements.
And there you have it! With a little bit of elbow grease and some basic supplies, you have created a stunning, unique surfboard coffee table that is sure to be the envy of all your friends.