How to Make a Surfboard Coffee Table
Surfboard coffee tables are an stylish and fun way to add nautical vibes to your home. Here’s how to make your dream board:
Step One: Collect Supplies
To make a surfboard coffee table, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Surfboard: Obviously, you’ll be needing a surfboard for your coffee table. If you don’t want to buy a new one, try scouring thrift shops and secondhand stores for a pre-loved board.
- Legs: Choose legs that match your existing décor. You can purchase four metal legs from a hardware store for as low as $20.
- Screws: Rust-resistant screws are recommended, as they will offer maximum stability.
- Drill: The drill will ensure the legs are securely attached to the board.
- Sandpaper: Sandpaper smooths the wood, getting rid of any bumps or gash marks.
Step Two: Prepare the Surfboard
Now that you’ve collected all the necessary supplies, it’s time to prep the surfboard. Start by sanding the board down to get rid of any imperfections. This will ensure the surface is even and smooth.
Step Three: Attach the Legs
The next step is to drill four holes in the board, one in each corner, and attach the legs with screws. It’s important to make sure the legs are placed evenly, and the screws are firmly secured to the board.
Step Four: Finishing Touches
Once the legs have been attached, your surfboard coffee table is nearly finished. All that’s left to do is give it one final sand and varnish the board with a sealant.
And there you have it – a brand new surfboard coffee table! Whether you want to add a nautical flair to your home or just want to show off your awesome DIY skills, this statement piece is sure to turn heads.