How to Make a Small Wooden Coffee Table
Making your own coffee table is a fun, satisfying, and relatively simple project. With a few basic tools and materials, you can build a rustic wooden coffee table that looks great in your living room.
- Plywood sheet
- 1-inch dowel rods or wooden square rods
- Power drill and drill bits
- Wood screws
- Wood Glue
- Finishing material such as stain or paint
Building the Tabletop
- Cut a piece of plywood the size you want your table to be. Make sure that it’s cut to the exact size you want, as this will be the table top.
- Drill four holes in each corner of the plywood. Make sure the holes are evenly spaced and the same size.
- Put a dowel rod through each hole. Make sure the dowel rods are cut to the same length so that the table top is even.
- Secure the dowel rods with wood glue and wood screws.
- Turn the table top upside down and add a few more wood screws along the underside of the plywood to make sure it’s secure.
Making the Legs
- Cut four pieces of dowel or square rods to the length you want the legs to be.
- Drill four evenly spaced holes into the bottom of the table top.
- Put a dowel rod through each hole and secure them with wood screws.
- Finish off the legs with stain or paint.
- Sand the table top and legs until they are smooth.
- Apply a stain or paint of your choice to the table and let it dry.
- Once the table is dry, add any other finishing touches you prefer. For example, attach some felt feet to the bottom of your table to protect your floors.
- You’re done! Enjoy your rustic and unique coffee table.