How to make a Sliding Top Coffee Table
A sliding top coffee table is great for any living room, or to give as a housewarming gift! It not only provides an incredibly easy way to access hidden storage, but also increases the overall aesthetic of the living room.
Tools and Materials
To make your own sliding top coffee table, you’ll need the following:
- Tape measure
- Skill Saw
- Cordless drill
- 3/4 inch plywood
- 2×2 inch lumber
- Wood Glue
- Sauder Edge Center Track and Glides
- Finish of your choice (stain or paint)
- Measure the desired length and width of the coffee table. Cut the pieces for the top and bottom of the table out of 3/4 inch plywood and 2×2 inch lumber.
- Attach the 2×2 inch lumber to the plywood pieces to create a frame around the edges of the table. Use wood glue and screws to make sure it’s secure.
- Cut out two identical pieces of plywood that will be used to create the sides and back of the table. Attach these pieces to the edges of the table with screws and wood glue.
- Attach the Sauder Edge Center Track and Glides to the tops of the sides and the bottom of the table. Make sure they are securely in place so the sliding top will move freely.
- Apply your chosen finish to the entire coffee table and let it dry.
And you’re done! You have now created your own sliding top coffee table – a great storage solution for your living room.