How to Make a Simple Wood Coffee Table
A wood coffee table is a great classic addition to any living room. Building your own is a great way to make sure you get the perfect table to match your existing décor. Here is what you need to know to make a simple wood coffee table:
Step 1 – Gather Your Supplies
- Wood: Two ¾” thick 4×8 foot sheets of plywood or 4×4 pieces
- Hardware: Wrench and drill
- Tools: Hammer, saw, and sandpaper
Step 2 – Cut the Wood
- Determine your desired table size and cut two pieces of wood for the top and two for the legs.
- Cut the wood to size using a saw.
- Sand down the edges to get a smooth finish.
Step 3 – Assemble the Table
- Attach the top and bottom pieces together with screws.
- Attach the legs to the bottom piece of wood.
- Secure the legs tightly with a wrench.
Step 4 – Finish the Table
- You can paint or stain the table to finish it off.
- If you are using paint, sand the surfaces down to create an even surface.
- Finally, seal the table with a sealer or lacquer.
Step 5 – Enjoy Your Coffee Table
That’s all there is to it! Congratulations on building your own simple wood coffee table. You now have a stylish addition to your living room. Enjoy your new furniture piece!