How to Make a Shadowbox Coffee Table
If you are looking for an interesting project to spruce up your living room, making a shadowbox coffee table is a great option. Not only is it eye-catching, but it’s also easy to make with a few materials. Here’s how to make your own shadowbox coffee table:
- 1×4 pine boards
- 3/4-inch plywood
- 1/4-inch hardboard
- Wood glue
- Spray paint
- Drill & Drill bits
- Gather your materials and cut the 1×4 boards, plywood, and hardboard to the desired size of your coffee table.
- Line up all the pieces and build the frame for the box and secure with wood glue and nails or screws.
- Sand the frame and use a drill to create holes.
- Insert the 1/4-inch hardboard piece into the holes you created with the drill.
- Prime and paint the box using a spray paint.
- Place the box on the plywood and secure with wood glue.
- Apply a finish of polyurethane to the coffee table and let dry.
- Add decorations and your coffee table is ready to use!
And you’re all done! Your very own shadowbox coffee table is now ready to be the centerpiece of your living room. You can fill the box with personal items of your choice – such as magazines, books, photographs, souvenirs, or anything else that you would like to feature. Have fun with this project and make it your own unique design!