How to Make a Round Wooden Coffee Table
Creating a round wooden coffee table is a rewarding and useful project that can be accomplished over the course of a few days. With the right tools and materials, you can easily construct a long-lasting and beautiful piece of furniture for your home.
Gathering Your Materials
- Circular wooden top – The table top should be a minimum of 3/4 of an inch thick, with a diameter of at least 24 inches. With the right materials, you can make a circular top using smaller boards.
- Table legs – The table legs can be made of wood, metal, or plastic. Try to buy legs that most closely match the style and color of the table top.
- Screws and bolts – To attach the legs to the table top, use screws and bolts in the same material as the legs.
- Sandpaper – To smooth the table top, use medium-grit sandpaper.
- Polyurethane – After sanding, apply a coat of polyurethane to protect the wood.
Building Your Table
- Cut the top to size using a circular saw.
- Drill four holes in the table top for the legs.
- Attach the legs to the top using screws and bolts.
- Sand down the table top using sandpaper.
- Apply a layer of polyurethane to protect the wood.
- Let the table sit for at least 12 hours to allow the glue/polyurethane to set.
Finishing Your Coffee Table
Once your table has been assembled and allowed to dry, you can start decorating it with any accents or decorations of your choice. Tablecloths, placemats, and even centerpieces can be added to make the piece more inviting.
And there you have it, an almost-instant coffee table you can be proud of!