Making a Pallet Coffee Table
Creating your own pallet coffee table from upcycled wood can be a fun and easy project. It just takes a bit of creative thought, some basic tools and a few hours of your time. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Two wooden pallets
- Screwdriver or power drill/driver
- Four 3” and four 2” screws
- Wood glue
- Saw and rasp
- Stain or paint for finishing (optional)
- Begin by making sure the pallets are in good condition and free of rot and splinters. If needed, use a saw and rasp to trim any sharp edges.
- With the pallet on a flat surface, secure the first pallet to the second by driving a 3” screw through one of the middle deck boards, alternating between top and bottom pallets. Place a 2”screw in each of the outside boards.
- Continue adding screws, spacing them 3” – 4” apart, until the pallets are securely attached.
- Use wood glue to add additional support, if desired. This may require some clamping.
- Smooth out any rough spots on the surface and edges with sandpaper.
- Finish with a stain or paint of your choice. Be sure to use an outdoor finish for an added layer of protection.
And there you have it. Your very own pallet coffee table, made from upcycled wood and ready to adorn your patio or living room. With some care and maintenance, this DIY project can last for many years to come. Enjoy!