Step-by-step Instructions for Making a Pallet Coffee Table
Making a pallet coffee table is a fun and simple DIY project that even beginner woodworkers can master. With just some basic tools and materials, you can create a sturdy and stylish piece of furniture to add to your living space. Follow this guide to learn how to make a pallet coffee table step-by-step.
- One solid wood pallet
- One sheet of 3/4 inch (1.5 cm) plywood
- Four, 2 inch (5 cm) screws
- Four rubber feet
- Two pieces of felt
- Low VOC water-based sealant
- Tools: Tape measure, Circular saw, Jigsaw, Drill/driver, Sandpaper
- Measure and measure the pallet, noting the size of the top and bottom boards. Lay the pallet flat and measure the four internal boards, which will become the sides of the table.
- Cut a piece of 3/4 inch (1.5cm) plywood sheet into a square, making it slightly larger than the size of the top of the pallet.
- Attach the plywood sheet to the top of the pallet with four, 2 inch (5 cm) screws. Make sure to evenly distribute the screws around the perimeter of the pallet.
- Cut and attach the two pieces of felt to the underside of the plywood piece. This will act as padding for the table and prevent furniture from being scratched.
- Measure and cut four pieces of wood for the legs. They should be slightly shorter than the internal boards of the pallet.
- Attach the legs by drilling in four screws along each side of the edge of the plywood.
- Add four rubber feet to the bottom of each leg to the bottom of the table.
- Sand down the table with fine-grit sandpaper to make sure there are no rough edges.
- Apply a coat of low VOC water-based sealant to protect the wood.
And there you have it! Your very own DIY pallet coffee table to add a unique and stylish touch to your living room. With this guide, you can easily create a sturdy and beautiful piece of furniture that will last for years to come.