How To Make a Padded Ottoman from A Coffee Table
- Coffee Table
- 1 ¼” Foam, cut to size
- Fabric, cut to size
- Staple Gun and Staples
- Remove all hardware from the underside of the coffee table, if it has any. Carefully look for anything that may be going through the top of the table in order to hold it together and remove any visible screws.
- Measure the dimensions of the coffee table. You will need to measure the depth, width, and length to determine the size of foam and fabric that you will need to purchase.
- Purchase foam and fabric. Make sure to measure the coffee table prior to purchasing the fabric and foam so you can make sure you buy enough. You will also want to decide which type of foam you want to use. Some types of foam are more dense than others and will provide more cushion than others.
- Cut the foam and fabric to size. Use a sharp knife as necessary to get the correct measurements. Make sure the fabric and foam are the same size as the table so they will fit properly.
- Secure the foam to the top of the coffee table. You will want to use a staple gun for this step. Make sure to pre-drill any holes in the coffee table for the staples to go through if necessary.
- Secure the fabric to the top of the foam. Again, use a staple gun for this step and make sure the fabric is taut but not too tight. You may need to use clamps or weights to hold the fabric in place as you secure it.
- Attach legs to the ottoman. Depending on the type of coffee table you have, you may need to purchase legs or use the legs from the coffee table. Secure the legs to the underside of the ottoman and make sure they are evenly spaced.
- Enjoy your completed ottoman! You now have a fully functional piece of furniture you can enjoy for years to come.
Making an ottoman from an old coffee table is a great way to repurpose an old piece of furniture and add a bit of extra seating or storage to your home. It is also a fairly easy project that doesn’t require any specialized skills or tools, so it is a great project for someone just starting out with DIY projects. With a little bit of time and effort, you can turn an old coffee table into a stylish new ottoman!