How to Make a Light-Up Coffee Table
Creating a light-up coffee table is a great way to add a modern touch to any space. Not only is it eye-catching and unique, but it can also be a lot of fun to make! Here’s how to get started:
1. Gather the Materials
You’ll need a coffee table, LED light strip, power supply, light diffuser, screws, screw driver, power drill, and measuring tape.
2. Measure the Table and Cut the LED Strips
Measure the table’s length, width, and height and use this to determine how many LED strips you will need. Cut the LED strip to the appropriate length and make sure that each strip will fit within the dimensions of the table.
3. Affix the Light Strips
Screw the LED strips onto the table using the screws and screwdriver. Make sure to attach the strips in a way that will evenly distribute and diffuse the light.
4. Add the Diffuser and Power Supply
Place the light diffuser over the top of the LED strips. Then, insert the power supply into the wall and plug the power supply into the LED light strips.
5.Turn on the Lights!
Now that everything is in place, it’s time to turn on the light. Enjoy your new light-up coffee table and the ambiance it offers.
Tips for Making Your Table
- Make sure to use LED strips specifically designed for lighting, as they are brighter and more energy efficient.
- Cover up any exposed wires with electrical tape.
- Use screws that are the appropriate size for your table and LED strips.
- Pay attention to the wattage of the power supply, as it needs to be powerful enough to light up the table.