How to Make a Herringbone Coffee Table
A herringbone coffee table is a unique and stylish piece for any living room. This type of table is easy to build and can be made with limited tools and skills. Here’s how to make a herringbone coffee table quickly and easily.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
You will need the following supplies to build your herringbone coffee table:
- Wood boards
- Table Legs or Wooden Posts
- Wood Glue
- Wood Conditioner
- Finishing Supplies (your choice)
Step 2: Cut the Wood
- Measure the area for the coffee table and determine the size and shape you want.
- Using a saw, cut the wood to the size and shape as determined in step 1.
- Make sure the pieces fit together by dry fitting the pieces together.
Step 3: Assemble
- Lay the boards together in the shape of a herringbone pattern and make sure they fit together well.
- Apply some wood glue along the edges.
- Position the table legs or posts in each corner.
- Using a drill, attach the pieces to the legs or posts with nails.
- If necessary, use a level to make sure the table is even.
Step 4: Sand, Condition, and Finish
- Using sandpaper, sand the table to get a smooth finish.
- Apply wood conditioner to the wood. This will help preserve the wood and keep it looking new for longer.
- Apply any desired finish to the table. This could include a clear coat, stain, or paint.
And that’s it! You’re now ready to enjoy your beautiful, new herringbone coffee table in your home.