How to Make a Granite and Wood Coffee Table
Creating a granite and wood coffee table is a perfect way to add a modern and stylish touch to your living room. Whether you are an experienced DIYer or just starting out, this guide will make it easy for you to construct a beautiful and durable granite and wood coffee table.
Things You Will Need
- Granite slab
- Wooden slats
- Table legs
- Wood glue
Steps to Follow
- Step 1: Assemble the Table Legs. Start by assembling the legs and center base pieces of your coffee table. Once the legs are attached together, ensure that the legs are level by using a carpenter’s level.
- Step 2: Preparing the Wood Slats. Cut the wooden slats to the size of the granite slab. Make sure the edges are smooth.
- Step 3: Attaching the Slats to the Legs. Apply a layer of glue to the underside of the slats and attach them to the legs. Use screws to secure the slats in place.
- Step 4: Attaching the Granite Slab. Place the granite slab over the wooden slats and attach it with screws. This should be a tight fit to ensure the granite slab doesn’t move.
- Step 5: Finishing the Table. Add any decorative touches you want and seal the wood with a polyurethane coating. You can also add felt or rubber feet on the legs to protect your floors.
Creating a granite and wood coffee table is easy to do and can add a beautiful touch of style to your living room. Follow the steps above and you will soon have a stunning granite and wood coffee table that is sure to showcase your DIY skills.