Instructions on How to Make an Expandable Coffee Table
An expandable coffee table is a great piece of furniture that does double duty. It can provide a nice place for guests to eat or to work and look stylish. With just a few easy steps, anyone can make an expandable coffee table that’s both attractive and functional.
Things You’ll Need
- Medium-sized tables
- Table hinges
- Measuring tape
- Paint or stain
- Finishing nails
- Measure the size of the two tables you want to join and mark the needed cuts with a pencil.
- Use a jigsaw to cut the tables in the marked lines.
- And use sandpaper to smooth the edges that have been cut.
- Putting the two tables together, align them and attach them at the edges with screws.
- Once your table is built, you can now attach the hinges on each side of the tables. This will make your coffee table expandable.
- Tip: Make sure the hinges are connected in the same way to ensure the table opens and closes properly.
- Now all that’s left to do is paint or stain your table to give it the desired finish and attach it to the wall with finishing nails.
- Warning: When using the tools, be sure to exercise caution and take safety measures.
Once finished, your expandable coffee table will become the favorite piece of furniture in your home, providing you with a stylish and functional surface to work, meet, or entertain. Enjoy your new table.