How to make a cushion for a coffee table
A cushion for your coffee table can make an attractive addition to your home decorating theme. It is easy to make a cushion for your coffee table that will add elegance to your furniture and make a cozy spot for relaxing. Here’s what you need to do:
- Fabric (1 yard will provide more than enough fabric)
- Sewing machine (optional)
- Measure the size of the cushion you need. Add four inches to the total size of the cushion so that the extra fabric can be used as a border.
- Cut the fabric according to the measurements.
- Fold the fabric in half and pin all the sides except for one. This will be your opening for stuffing the cushion.
- Sew the pinned sides. If you are not able to sew, use fabric glue to attach the edges.
- Stuff the cushion with fiberfill and close the opening. You may need to prick the fiberfill with a needle in order for it to evenly fill out the cushion.
- Smooth the top side with your hand to make sure the fiberfill is evenly spread out.
- Turn the cushion around and use pins again to keep all the edges nicely tucked in.
- Sew a second time or use fabric glue to secure the edges.
Your cushion is now ready to be placed on your coffee table. Add other cushions or a thick blanket to create a cosy spot for lounging and relaxing. Enjoy!