How to Make a Concrete Coffee Table Top
Making a concrete coffee table top is a fun and creative way to make a statement piece for your living room or favorite space. Here’s how you can create one for yourself!
- Quick-setting cement
- Bucket or container
- Mold or table
- Mixing tools
- Protective gloves, goggles and mask
- Spacers (optional)
- Embellishments (optional)
- Guestimate and sealant (optional)
- Prepare your mold/table. If you’re starting with a table, you’ll need to make sure it is level and secure. Using spacers can help to ensure the top is even. If you’re making a mold, use a material that won’t stick to concrete, such as cardboard, plastic or metal.
- Arrange your embellishments. (Optional) If you want to personalize your table top, now is the time to arrange your embellishments. Make sure they are securely attached to the mold/table.
- Create your cement mixture. Follow the instructions on your quick-setting cement packet and add it to a bucket or container. Use a mixing tool to combine the concrete with water and mix until it has a thick, paste-like consistency.
- Pour your cement mixture. With protective gloves, goggles and mask, slowly and steadily pour your cement mixture into the mold/table. If using a table, use a trowel to even out the top.
- Let the cement dry. The drying time for concrete differs depending on environmental conditions and the temperature. Leave it for at least 24 hours to ensure it is fully dry.
- Apply guestimate and sealant. (Optional) To protect and enhance your concrete table top, apply a guestimate and sealant. These can be found in any hardware store.
Making a concrete coffee table top is a fun and creative way to bring a unique piece into your home. All you need are some supplies, tools, and a bit of know-how. Once you have everything you need and follow the instructions, you’ll be sure to have a stunning table top that looks as good as new!