How To Make a Coffee Table
Building your own coffee table is a great way to save money and add a personalized touch to your home decor. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to make your own coffee table.
- Choose and purchase your wood. You will likely need about two 8-foot (2.4-meter) lengths of wood.
- Purchase four 4-inch (10-centimeter) rectangular legs.
- Decide on the type of screws and nails you will need.
- Find or purchase a saw that can cut through your wood.
- Optional: You may want to buy or find a sandpaper tool.
Build the Frame
- Cut the wood into four equal lengths. You should have enough wood for four sides.
- Attach two pieces back-to-back to make a single “L” shape, using nails or screws.
- Attach the two remaining pieces back to back, making a second “L” shape.
- Join the two “L” shapes together by attaching them at the corners.
Attach the Legs
- Place the four legs across the four corners of the table frame, so each leg is roughly even with the corners of the frame.
- Secure the legs firmly to the frame with the screws or nails.
- You may want to sand down the table frame before attaching the legs.
- Optional. Add a piece of glass to the top of the frame.
Congratulations, your coffee table is now complete! You can now proudly display your hand-built creation and enjoy your hard work.