How to Make a Coffee Table with Metal Legs
Creating your own custom coffee table with metal legs will add a unique and stylish touch to any space. Follow these simple steps to make your own:
Gather Your Materials
- Table top
- Metal legs
- Wood screws
- Wood glue
Preparing the Table Top
- Measure the surface where your table will be placed and consider if the edges of the top should be rounded or squared off.
- Choose the material for your table top; select either wood, stone, or plastic.
- Cut the top to the proper size and shape.
Attaching the Metal Legs
- Lay the tabletop upside down onto a flat surface and make sure the top is level.
- Position the metal legs where you desire and hold them in place.
- Set a wood screw into each of the four holes in each of the legs and then use a power drill to drive the screws through the top of the table.
- Check the table with a level to make sure no legs are uneven.
- Using a generous amount of wood glue, add a few drops to the top of each leg to secure them in place.
Finishing the Table
- Give the table an additional coat of wood glue to the metal legs and table top for a stronger bond.
- Let the table sit for 24 to 48 hours before applying a sealer or its desired finish.
- If using a sealer, let it dry and then add a few coats of your desired finish (paint, stain, etc.).
You have now created your very own custom coffee table with metal legs! Sit back, relax and enjoy your beautiful new furniture piece.