Making a Coffee Table with Drawers
Creating your own coffee table is a great DIY project. It will give you a sense of accomplishment, and you can customize it to match your decor. Plus, adding drawers to the design will add a ton of extra storage. Luckily, making a coffee table with drawers is easier than it might seem.
Steps to Make a Coffee Table with Drawers:
- Measure and Cut Your Wood – First, measure and cut four pieces of wood for the table’s frame. You’ll need to pieces for the sides, and two for the top and bottom.
- Attach the Frame – Use wood glue and clamps to attach the four pieces together in a square shape to create the frame of the table.
- Add the Legs – Cut four legs from the remaining wood that are the correct length. Attach them to the frame using screws.
- Drill for Drawers – Drill holes in the sides for the drawer rails. Then, attach the rails to both sides of the table.
- Attach the Drawers – Cut the wood for the drawers and assemble them. Finally, attach the drawers to the rails.
- Finish it Off – Sand and paint or stain the table and drawers. Add some hardware, and you’re done!
Making a coffee table with drawers is a great way to get creative and make something unique for your home. With the right tools and supplies, you can get started on this project in no time. All you need is some wood, some hardware, and a few basic tools and you’re ready to go!