How to Make a Coffee Table Look Distressed
Prepare the Coffee Table First
- Before attempting to make a coffee table look distressed, make sure the table is thoroughly clean and free of dust and other dirt.
- Sand the parts of the table that you want to give a distressed look.
- Prime the wood with one coat of smoky grey or dark grey primer.
Distressing with Paint
- Paint the table with white or off-white paint.
- Once the paint is dry, take a piece of sandpaper and start sanding the edges and corners of the table to give it an aged appearance.
- Be sure to not to sand too much, as you want the original color of the wood to still show through.
Additional Distressing Techniques
- Apply a mixtu