How to Make a Black Pipe Coffee Table
Gathering the Materials
Before you begin, make sure you have everything you need to create a black pipe coffee table:
- Pipes – You will need a set of three threaded black pipes of various sizes and one unthreaded steel pipe, each cut to a length of 16 inches.
- Fittings – You will need 2 four-way fittings, 4 three-way fittings, 4 90-degree street elbow fittings, and 1 45-degree street elbow fitting.
- Wood – You will need one piece of wood, cut to a size that is slightly larger than the size of your pipes and fittings. The wood should be at least ¾ of an inch thick.
- Screws – You will need at least 8 long screws to attach the fittings to the wood.
- Plastic Caps – You will need plastic caps to cover up the open ends of the pipes.
Assembly of the Table
Once you have collected all the necessary materials, it is time to assemble your black pipe coffee table. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Lay the wood flat and arrange the pipes and fittings on top of it, in the shape you want.
- Attach the fittings to the wood by screwing them into place.
- Connect the pipes to the fittings and tighten them with a wrench.
- Attach the plastic caps to the open ends of the pipes.
- Turn the table over and you’re done!
Finishing your Table
Now that your table is assembled, it is time to finish it. You can stain or paint the wood and seal it with a polyurethane coat to protect it. You can also add feet to the bottom of the table to give it some extra stability.
And You’re Done!
You have now created a stylish, minimalist black pipe coffee table! Put it in your living room and enjoy it for many years to come.