Tips to Keep Your Glass Coffee Table Clean
Glass coffee tables are beautiful pieces of furniture to have in the home, but the glass can get dirty easily. Use the following tips to keep your glass coffee table clean and looking its best.
- Use a soft cloth and mild soap – A soft microfiber cloth and a mild soap, such as dish soap, are the best methods for everyday cleaning. Avoid abrasive cleaners and cloths that could scratch the glass.
- Wipe off spills immediately – Use a dry cloth to quickly and gently wipe any spills or smudges off the glass. Do not use a wet cloth as this could cause the liquid to become trapped in the crevices of the glass table, which can be difficult to remove.
- Dry thoroughly – After cleaning, be sure to dry the table completely with a clean, dry cloth.
- Use a glass cleaner – Once a week, use a glass cleaner specifically designed for glass surfaces to give your glass coffee table a deeper clean. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Polish with vinegar and water – A mixture of equal parts white vinegar and warm water also makes a great glass cleaner. Use a damp cloth to wipe the surface and then a dry cloth to buff the table.
- Remove any buildup – Use a cloth moistened with vinegar to remove any soap residue or buildup from the surface.
- Consider adding an anti-static cleaner to reduce dust buildup on the glass.
- Unless you have a special anti-glare coating on your table, use a soft cloth to avoid scratching it.
- Do not drag items across the glass table as this could scratch it.
Taking a few minutes to clean your glass coffee table regularly will ensure that it remains shiny and clean for years to come.