How to Remove White Marks from a Coffee Table
Coffee tables are popular furnishing pieces, but it doesn’t take long before they get scuffed, scratched or stained. White marks, in particular, are a common problem due to glass or other items that can create a “shadow” on the wood. But don’t worry – you can get rid of those unsightly marks with just a few simple steps.
What You’ll Need:
- Hair dryer: This is the first go-to tool when it comes to removing white marks. Start by setting the dryer on the lowest setting and slowly moving the nozzle back and forth over the marks. This should restore the table to its original color.
- Mild soap: If the hair dryer method doesn’t work, you can try using a mild soap and some warm water. Rub the marks gently with a soft cloth and the soap solution. Once you’ve removed the marks, rinse the table off with clean water and let it dry.
- Table polish or conditioner: If the marks are difficult to remove, you may have to resort to a table polish or conditioner. Make sure to read the instructions before applying the product and follow the steps accordingly.
- Apply heat evenly: Make sure to move the nozzle of the hair dryer steadily and evenly over the wood. Applying too much heat all at once in one spot can potentially damage the wood.
- Choose quality products: When using a cleaning product, it pays to choose a high-quality product. Not only will the product last longer, but it will also ensure you get the best results.
- Prevention: Even with the most thorough cleaning, it’s important to take necessary precautions to ensure the longevity of your table. Place protective mats and coasters on the table to help protect it from future damage.
Rejuvenating a coffee table can really give it a new lease of life. With the help of some simple tools and procedures, you can quickly and easily remove white marks from a coffee table and restore it to its glorious best.