Getting Wax Off Your Wooden Coffee Table
Having a wax spill on your wooden coffee table can make it look unsightly, but don’t worry – there are a few easy steps you can take to get that wax off your table. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Heat the Wax
Using a hair dryer, apply heat to the wax to soften it. The wax should become soft and pliable after a few minutes.
2. Scrape Away the Wax
Once the wax has softened, use a dull knife or other scraping tool to remove the wax from the table. If the wax is still stuck, use the hair dryer to reheat it and try scraping again.
3. Clean the Table
To really get that wax off, you can use a combination of the following methods:
- Rubbing Alcohol – Use rubbing alcohol to break down the wax and make it easier to remove.
- Mineral Spirits – Mineral spirits is a great way to break down wax, but be sure to use it in a well-ventilated area.
- Dish Soap – Adding a few drops of dish soap to warm water can help to break down the wax.
Once the wax has been removed, use a soft cloth to clean the table and remove any residual wax or cleaning products.
4. Buff and Shine the Table
To get your table looking as good as new, you can use furniture polish to give it a nice shine.
Tips for Avoiding Wax on Your Coffee Table
To avoid having to clean up wax spills in the future, here are a few tips for keeping your coffee table wax-free:
- Keep candles away from the table.
- Regularly dust the table to ward off potential spills.
- Place coasters under drinks.
By following these easy steps, you’ll have your coffee table looking good as new in no time!