How to Get Scratches Out of Wood Coffee Table
Wood coffee tables often get scratched or scuffed with use over time. It’s natural for this to happen, but luckily, you can fix the scratches on your own with a few tools and basic DIY steps.
Things you’ll need:
- vacuum cleaner
- dish soap
- 220 to 240 grit sandpaper
- wood conditioner
- clean cloth
Steps to Follow:
- Clean the tabletop carefully using a vacuum cleaner to remove any dirt and debris.
- Mix some mild dish soap with warm water and dampen a cloth in solution. Wipe the scratched surface of the tabletop to remove any remaining dirt.
- Sand the scratched areas of the coffee table. Start gently sanding the area in the direction of the grain, and use 220 to 240 grit sandpaper.
- Wipe the table clean after you are done sanding. Use a clean, damp cloth to remove any residue.
- Condition the wood. Applying a wood conditioner on the tabletop will make it look smoother and also preserve its texture.
- Dry the table. Once you have finished conditioning the wood, let it dry to the touch before using it.
By following these simple steps, you can easily fix any scratches on your wood coffee table and restore it to the original condition. Make sure to use the right type of wood conditioner and wipe clean after every step to reduce any additional damage.