Removing Scratches from Glass Coffee Table
Is your glass coffee table looking worse for wear? Have handprints, messy food, sharp objects, and rough cleaners created scratches in the glass? Don’t worry; it’s not the end of your beautiful piece of furniture. Follow these steps to properly restore your table to its former glory.
Things you will need:
- Bosque Glass Polishing Compound
- Sandpaper (1000-1200 Grit)
- Soft Cloth
- Mineral Spirits
- Cleaning Towel
- Start with the Bosque Glass Polishing Compound. Make a paste by adding a few drops of mineral spirits to the compound. Rub the paste onto the scratched area in a circular motion.
- Let the paste sit on the scratched glass for 2-3 minutes.
- After the time is up, remove the paste with a soft cloth and clean the area with a mild glass cleaner. If the scratches are still visible, move to step 4.
- Wet the sandpaper with a bit of water or vinegar, then rub it around the scratched area to physically remove the scratches. Make sure the paper is always wet and that the motion is circular.
- When the scratches are gone, wipe the area down with a damp towel.
- Finally, wipe the area down with a glass cleaner and a soft cloth to restore the shine.
Follow these steps and your glass coffee table will be looking brand new in no time. For deeper scratches, we recommend consulting a professional for the best results.