How to Get Scratches Out of Glass Coffee Table
Scratches can easily appear on your glass coffee table, making it look tired and aged. But don’t worry, as you can easily remove the scratches in no time. Here are some easy tips to help you restore your glass coffee table back to its former glory.
- Wash and dry – Start by using soapy water, a dishcloth, and glass cleaner to wash the table, making sure to use circular motions. Afterwards, use a soft cloth and clear water to remove any debris and soapy residue. Finally, use a microfiber cloth to gently dry the table.
- Polish – Use a small amount of glass polishing cream and buff it into the scratched surface, paying extra attention to any grooves. Use a slightly damp cloth to buff it out in a circular motion and repeat until scratches are removed.
- Check the results – Take a look at the surface of the table for any remaining scratches. If you still spot some, repeat the polishing process one more time.
- Mix – Place 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a small bowl and add a few drops of water to form a paste. Mix until it has a toothpaste-like consistency.
- Apply – Apply the paste directly onto the scratched surface and leave it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Buff – Use a soft, damp cloth to gently buff the paste away in a circular motion. When finished, take a look at the surface of the table.
With these tips, you can easily remove scratches from your glass coffee table and make it look brand new again. Keep in mind that you should be very gentle with the glass, as any additional scratches may appear if you’re too aggressive with your cleaning.