Removing Scratches from a Black Glass Coffee Table
No one wants a scratched up coffee table, and black glass coffee tables in particular can be difficult to repair. Fortunately, with the right products and procedures, you can make your coffee table look as good as new.
Preparing the Table for Repair
Before you bring out the cleaning supplies, the first step is to tidy up the area around your coffee table. This should remove any dirt and dust that could hinder the repair process.
Gently wipe your black glass coffee table with a microfiber cloth to remove any dirt and dust. Once the table is dry, you’re ready to start removing the scratches.
Removing Scratches from Your Black Glass Coffee Table
For deeper scratches and chips, it may be best to have a professional do the repair work. However, more superficial scratches can be removed quite easily with household items.
Before you start, test any cleaning product in an inconspicuous area to make sure it won’t damage the glass. Once you’ve found the most suitable solution, here are the steps to take:
- Dampen a clean cloth with the cleaning product. Make sure the cloth is just slightly damp.
- Rub the cloth gently around the scratch or chip. Use a circular motion to buff out the scratch.
- Wipe down the area with a dry microfiber cloth. This will help to remove any residue and make it shine.
If this doesn’t work, you can try a combination of toothpaste and baking soda mixed with water. However, this is best used on deep scratches as it can be quite abrasive and could damage the surface of the glass. If you’re still having trouble, it may be best to consult a professional.
Protecting Your Coffee Table from Future Scratches
It’s important to remember that black glass coffee tables can be quite fragile. To make sure your coffee table stays looking great, take the following steps:
- Protect your table with furniture covers or place mats when not in use.
- Keep sharp and heavy objects away from the table. Small items that could scratch the surface should also be avoided.
- Clean your coffee table regularly. This will ensure any dirt or dust is removed before it can cause damage.
By following these steps, you should be able to keep your black glass coffee table looking as good as new.